PAI sheet (polyamide-imide/Torlon) sheet is a high-performance material with maximum service temperature of 260°C thus offering excellent mechanical strength at elevated temperatures. PAI sheet is also known to have very good dimensional stability.
We supply PAI sheet (polyamide-imide/Torlon sheet) in various sizes and thicknesses.
- Torlon 4203 – Standard grade with excellent electric properties (Yellow-ochre)
- Torlon 4301 – Rubbing grade with high resistance to friction and wear (Black)
- Torlon 5530 – Mechanical strength and dimensional stability improved grade by containing glass fibre (Khaki-gray)
- Torlon 520HR
Also available: Torlon Rod.
- Applications in high energy radiation
- Applications where wear and friction are required
- Bearing cages
- Chip nest and sockets
- Devices in high-tech machinery
- Electrical and electronic devices (high-temperature electrical connectors etc.)
- Labyrinth seals
- Metal and related industries
- Semiconductor nests and sockets
- Sliding parts
- High toughness and impact strength at elevated temperatures (Maintain strength and stiffness to 260ºC (500ºF))
- Minimum expansion rate 260ºC (500ºF)
- Excellent wear resistance in bearing grades
- Able to endure harsh thermal, chemical and stress conditions
Machinability: 5 and above
*Machinability index 1-10 (1 = easiest)