As the first commercially successful synthetic thermoplastic polymer, nylon has continued to enjoy a stellar reputation in the plastics industry since its debut in the 1930s.
A highly versatile material, nylon parts and components have many applications especially in the automotive and oil and gas industries in Malaysia. Common nylon parts and components include:
- bearings – sleeve bearings, ball bearings, flange bearing, roller bearing, linear bearing, ball transfer bearing;
- bushings – flanged bushings, bushing sleeve, spacer bushings, shoulder bushings, shaft bushings;
- pulleys – pulley for wire rope, pulley wheel, pulleys with bearings, strap pulley, cable pulley, rope pulley, bearing pulley wheel, swivel pulley, idler pulley;
- gears – spur gears, worm gear, gear wheel, bevel gears, helical gears, pinion gears, sprockets;
- rollers and guide wheels – roller wheels, guide rollers with bearings, rollers with sealed bearings, u and v groove wheels, wheels with ball bearing;
- wear plates;
- nylon roller chains and nylon chain tensioners;
- spacers and custom nylon washers; and
- production jigs.
Apart from its distinctive blue colour, key characteristics of nylon parts and components include excellent machinability, high toughness, good wear resistance and suitability for use as a sacrificer.
Commonly referred to using the chemical designation “PA” (e.g. PA6G or PA 6/66), nylon material is most commonly available in blue, white, black and its natural color (beige or off white). Nylon 6/6 is one of the most common variants for nylon parts and components used for engineering purposes.
Please get in touch with us to discuss requirements for your nylon parts and components today.
Custom nylon parts