Polyvinylidene fluoride or polyvinylidene difluoride (PVDF) is a specialty plastic used in applications requiring the highest purity, as well as resistance to solvents, acids and hydrocarbons. It is available in the form of piping products, sheet, plate and rod. Examples of PVDF parts uses include piping, air plenums and boiler service pipes.
Common PVDF parts include PVDF pipe fittings (PVDF compression fittings, PVDF tube fittings, PVDF blind flange, PVDF camlock fittings), PVDF gasket and PVDF valve (PVDF diaphragm valve, PVDF check valve, PVDF ball valve).
PVDF parts are used for various purposes across numerous industries, including:
- batteries, electricity and electronics;
- biomedical science, healthcare and pharmaceutics;
- chemical production and synthesis;
- high-temperature processes;
- oil and gas, petrochemical;
- radiation environment applications;
- ultra-pure applications; and
- water and wastewater management.
- heat resistance;
- high chemical corrosion resistance;
- low thermal conductivity; and
- low weight.